Monday, February 12, 2007

Things I learned this weekend

  1. The show "Iron Chef America" gives its contestants a list of six possible mystery ingredients and 10 days to submit possible menus. That gives the show the ability to buy all the necessary ingredients beforehand. And I thought they had one HUGE pantry.
  2. When my wife asks for my help, she really means, "Do this for me, because I don't want to." She is not actually suggesting we work on it together as I ALWAYS hope.
  3. The all wheel drive on the mini-van actually works.
  4. Thing #1 knows the difference between Costa Rica and Puerto Rico. He does use them interchangeably to see if I am paying attention.
  5. The last thing I am going to get to say to one of my old shooting buddies is "Get better you old fart! I need someone to shoot against that I can beat." His response was, "You couldn't out shoot me if this kills me." Unfortunately, he had to try and prove his point.

6 comments:

Tequila Red said...

I read that Iron Chef article too, then made my kids watch the show with me last night. Chef Bowles was robbed!

State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Like Iron Chef Japan, the game is biased towards the Iron Chef. They have cooked for the judges before, so they know what they like and like the article said, they know what drawer has the spoons in it.

VelvetJinxx said...

Aw, shootin' buddy is gone? I'm sorry.

Tequila Red said...

That fat chick totally wants to bang Flay. EFF YOU BOBBY FLAY.

State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Sugar,
Thanks, there are only a couple of the old geezers I used to shoot with left. Most were WWII or Korea Vets, to give you an age perspective.

TR
EWWWWW

VelvetJinxx said...

Wanted: Shootin' buddies . . . I smell a m4mm Craig's List post!

Blog Archive